The DP Show!

Monday, April 27, 2009

I can't believe what I've become

I have now become one of the people that I absolutely despise. Since blogging burst onto the scene I have denounced its very existence. Shouting (to myself, mostly) things like "Who the hell gives a god damn about what some asshole in deluth, minnesota thinks about quentin tarantino movies." Well, now I''m some asshole in cleveland, ohio hoping that you do give a god damn about the things I have to say. I believe that I am a person with an interesting take on the world. I mean, I am pretty much the coolest person you've ever known. I once had an awkward moment just see what it felt like...I also live vicariously through myself. If nothing else I hope I (and pagel) can ignite some passionate and ridiculous discussions. And hopefully The DP Show will become more consistent and we'll have more podcasts for everyone to enjoy and/or make fun of.

Side note...Can anyone tell me where the term "Blog" came from or what it means? "Blog" sounds like a slang word for some gross sexual fetish. I feel like it be much easier if it were called something like "internet post" or "posting"...that is much more direct and descriptive than "Blog"

-Dennis

2 comments:

  1. Indeed it derives from weblog and is a combination of web and log, in a log file certain events and actions from i.e an application are listed. So a weblog is usually set up like a diary. But different uses like photo blogs showed up.
    They are used from spread of information and exchange of thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I coolest person I ever knew doesn't steal lines from the Dos Equis Guy.

    ReplyDelete